This agreement is designed with you in mind,
as well as to protect Hearten Made and our customers.
This Affiliate Program Agreement (“Agreement”) is between an Affiliate (“you,” “your”) and the owner of Hearten Made, LLC. (“we,” “our,” “the company”). Your participation in the Affiliate Program is conditional on your acceptance of the terms and conditions contained in this Agreement. You are deemed to have accepted this Agreement by applying to participate in the Affiliate Program.
To register as an affiliate you must:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have an active website
- Be a past customer and/or client of Hearten Made. If you think an exception should be made, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We review and moderate all affiliate registrations, and we appreciate your accurate and honest information. Please note that the review process may take up to a couple of days – thank you for your patience!
If you’re approved, you’ll be given a unique referral ID that you can use to promote Hearten Made and Hearten Made products via referral links. Check out your private Affiliate Area for visits and referrals information, graphs and more!
Commissions and payouts
Hearten Made will provide Affiliate with compensation at a rate of 15% commission less any chargebacks, refunds, discounts or credit card and/or PayPal fees per sale. Currently, you will only earn a commission on Hearten Made WordPress themes only. It does not include custom design referrals, theme customization, installation services, or our add-on page templates.
- For example, if Hearten Made sells a product for $100, and Affiliate earns a 15% commission per sale, Affiliate will earn $15.00 (minus any PayPal fees).
- For example, if Hearten Made sells a product for $100, discounts it by 40% and Affiliate earns a 15% commission per sale, Affiliate will earn $9.00 (minus any PayPal fees).
Hearten Made will pay Affiliate in USD by PayPal business. The PayPal Email Address must be set up within Affiliate’s account.
We do not allow referrals to be generated on your own purchases. We do not offer recurring referrals.
Refunds are not given on Hearten Made WordPress themes, but in the case that a customer accidentally purchases a theme more than once, they will be refunded for the accidental purchase and you will not receive commission on the refunded item.
details of our program in summary:
- To register as an affiliate, you must be a past customer or client of Hearten Made. If you think an exception should be made, please reach out to email@example.com.
- You’ll receive 15% commission for every new sale you refer
- Unlimited commissions – no maximum payout
- Commissions are paid the first week of every month
- Referrals are paid out to your PayPal
- Tracking cookie stored for 30 days after the first visit
- View up-to-date visit, referral and payout data in your Affiliate Area
- Access to a library of banners and logos to use on your site when promoting
- Referrals cannot be generated on your own purchases on Hearten Made (this includes using a different email address).
Referral cookie lifetime
When a potential customer clicks on your referral link, a cookie is stored in their browser to track your referral. The cookie is then stored for a generous 30 days to give your referred customers time to decide if they wish to purchase a Hearten Made theme, or ask us any pre-sale questions they may have.
A referral won’t be awarded if:
- The customer uses a different browser to purchase than the one they originally used to visit our site (because the cookie does not exist in that browser)
- The customer purchases after 30 days (because the cookie will expire).
Affiliate news and updates
By becoming an affiliate you agree to receive emails from Hearten Made. These emails will be sent to affiliates only, on an as-needed basis, and may include important information regarding the Hearten Made affiliate program. These emails may also provide you with relevant news and updates to help you effectively promote Hearten Made. We won’t spam you – promise!
Affiliate application rejection
We reserve the right to reject affiliate applications for any reason. We also reserve the right to choose whether we provide an explanation or reasoning for affiliate application rejection. Below are just a few reasons why an application may be rejected (this is not an exhaustive list):
- Affiliate applications for websites that sell, advertise or engage in pornography, phishing scams, spamming, illegal business practices, or that include any material infringing on National or International Copyright will be rejected.
- Affiliate applications for websites that we do not believe are aligned with our industry or business may be rejected.
- If you apply to become an affiliate and you are not a past customer or client.
- Affiliate applicants with websites that re-sell any of our products will be rejected.
- Websites considered inappropriate by Hearten Made will be rejected.
The following types of sites are not permitted to become an affiliate: adult sites, sites that display adult material or banners, sites that promote violence, hatred or bigotry, sites that promote or engage in illegal activity, including (but not limited to), hacking, cracking, nulled, and warez sites. Affiliate applications for inappropriate websites will be rejected, and we reserve the right to choose whether or not to provide a rejection reason.
Questions regarding your application
When you apply to become an affiliate we may email you at the email address you have supplied with some questions regarding your application. This may be because:
- We didn’t understand something in your application, or,
- We’d like to learn a bit more about how you will promote Hearten Made and need a little more detail.
If we reach out to you and we haven’t heard back within 7 days, your application may be rejected. If your initial application is rejected, you are welcome to reapply to become an affiliate and provide us with more detail for reconsideration.
Dormant affiliate accounts
We encourage all of our affiliates to actively promote Hearten Made to keep earning referrals. If we can help you come up with ideas on how to promote Hearten Made, please let us know – we’re here for you! An affiliate account is considered dormant if no visits have been generated after a 6-month period. A dormant affiliate account will be deactivated if no visits have been generated after 6 months.
Hearten Made Affiliate Program Policies
Allowed promotional methods
How you promote Hearten Made is reflected in the commission you earn! We encourage the use of promotional methods that add value to Hearten Made and bring us legitimate, loyal customers.
Here are just a few examples of great promotional methods to earn more commission:
- Tell clients, customers or friends about Hearten Made, and give them your affiliate referral link
- Write a review or a blog post about WordPress themes and mention Hearten Made, and link to our site with your referral link
- Reach out to a broad audience with your social network accounts. Tweet about us on Twitter with your affiliate referral link or post about us on Facebook with your affiliate link. Spam-free promotion is a great way to get more referrals!
- Provide value to others by answering related questions on other sites with helpful responses, and using your referral link in your replies
- Make a video customizing a Hearten Made WordPress theme, or a video on how to create a WordPress website using a Hearten Made theme with your referral link in the description
- Create a Resources page on your website that mentions Hearten Made using your referral link
- Add Hearten Made banners to your website
Prohibited promotional methods
We love and back our products 100%, and we are very careful with how it’s promoted, so we want affiliates who are 100% behind us too! The prohibited promotional methods listed below aren’t meant to scare you off – they’re here to protect you, and us, and our customers from any odd or fraudulent activity, which is something we take pretty seriously. But here they are in writing just in case you’re not totally sure what is and what isn’t allowed.
- Hearten Made may not be promoted on coupon websites!
- Paid advertising using your affiliate link is prohibited – Buying ads through services like Google AdWords, social ads, or retargeting ads using our brand keywords and your affiliate link will result in affiliate account deactivation.
- Promoting incorrect or misleading information – Any promotional activity that shares incorrect or misleading information will result in affiliate account deactivation. This includes false information intended to click-bait potential customers. If you are unsure of the correct information or details for promoting Hearten Made, please contact us!
- Any type of spam is prohibited – Links, ads, emails, comments… any type of spam. Please respect the posting rules of any 3rd-party websites you use to promote Hearten Made. P.S. This is not an exhaustive list of spam methods; if we decide that your activity is spam, it’s spam.
- Affiliates must not register and/or use domains with the wording: “Hearten Made,” or any of its other properties, or any similar term contained within such domains.
- Any illegal activity or activity deemed hateful or offensive by us is prohibited
- We’re flattered, but please don’t pretend to be professionally associated with Hearten Made – Affiliates aren’t employees of Hearten Made, LLC. and have no employee rights.
- Pretending to actually be Hearten Made is prohibited – Cloning our site, copying our site, using our copyrighted site assets, and pretending that a site created by you as an official Hearten Made site is unethical and prohibited (this includes using services that automatically clone websites, or place them into iframes).
- Again, false promotion to customers that you are endorsed or operated by Hearten Made is prohibited (and not cool).
If you’re unsure or concerned that some activity you’re about to proceed with may be considered prohibited, please ask us.
Consequences of not-cool promotional methods
If your promotional methods step outside of these terms, your referrals may be rejected and we may disable your affiliate account. We reserve the right to do this and may or may not notify you in the instance that this occurs. Please use allowed promotional methods, and ask if you’re unsure.
Remember to add a disclosure on your social posts, blog posts, or email newsletters to let your audience know that it contains an affiliate link. Disclosures ensure best business practices and provide transparency to your site’s readers– trust is important! (i.e. #afflink or Disclaimer: This post contains an affiliate link. Please know I would only recommend products I love and support.)
You agree to comply with all US Federal CAN-SPAM Acts. We have a zero-tolerance policy towards SPAM or any Affiliate associated with SPAM. If, at our absolute discretion, we establish that you are involved with SPAM in any way including creating, sending, or otherwise distributing SPAM we may immediately terminate your Affiliate Program account and you will forfeit all Commissions owed to you.
Your Affiliate link
You are solely responsible for ensuring that your Affiliate Link is set up correctly. We are not responsible for your failure to receive any Commission due to the incorrect formatting or configuration of your Affiliate Link.
No guarantee regarding your income
We make no income/financial claims, nor guarantee of any kind regarding the potential income that can be generated through your participation in the Affiliate Program.
From time to time, we may enter into special agreements with certain ‘top’ Affiliates. Such special arrangements may include but are not limited to special discounted rates or bonus packages. Our entry into a special arrangement with any Affiliate is at our sole discretion and we reserve the right to determine whether any Affiliate will be offered the opportunity to enter into such a special arrangement.
The important stuff
By accepting these terms and conditions you are providing your nonlegal agreement to abide by them. By registering and being approved as an affiliate in our affiliate program you agree that your commissions are subject to approval before they are accepted and subsequently paid.
The affiliate relationship does not represent a professional or formal agreement, and as an affiliate you are not an employee of Hearten Made, LLC. You agree that this is not a legally binding relationship and as a result may not take legal action against Hearten Made, LLC. These affiliate terms and conditions are subject to change without notice.
Sound good? Thanks for taking the time to read these terms and for agreeing to them. Excited to have you!